We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
Serves 4 (serving size: 2 cups)
This salad comes together quickly and takes advantage of fresh spring asparagus and watercress. The dressing pulls double-duty as a sauce to cook the shrimp in and to dress the greens. Look for shrimp not treated with sodium triphosphate (STP) if you are watching your salt intake.
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 2 cups (1-inch) cut asparagus
- 7 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 1 cup trimmed watercress
- Calories 281
- Fat 16g
- Satfat 2.3g
- Monofat 10.2g
- Polyfat 2.5g
- Protein 26.2g
- Carbohydrate 9.8g
- Fiber 3.8g
- Cholesterol 172mg
- Iron 5.4mg
- Sodium 476mg
- Calcium 126mg
How to Make It
Combine first 8 ingredients; gradually whisk in 3 tablespoons oil.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes. Add juice mixture; cook 1 minute. Stir in asparagus. Place romaine in a large bowl; toss with shrimp mixture. Divide salad among 4 plates; top each with 1/4 cup watercress.